Today is my birthday. I am 27.
I love birthdays.
Today I woke up early (ok, so early for me is late for normal people) and actually did my hair. And I even put on eyeliner. Yes, it is a special occasion! I had breakfast at a local place with my sisters, enjoyed my 3-year-old’s screaming breakdown in the car, and spent 1 1/2 hours wandering around Target after that breakdown ended. Then I kidnapped one of my friends and spent the rest of the day shopping and eating, which is exactly my idea of a perfect birthday.
Tonight, I’m headed to a resort (perk of having a husband in the hotel business!) where I can wear my cute new bathing suit at the pool all weekend long.
Instead of making you all dangerously jealous of my birthday (because hey, it is a good one), I thought I’d share some things about me, like last year.
1. My mom took castor oil to get me here 27 years ago. I was born within 2 hours.
2. I have a scar on my left arm where I had a benign tumor removed when I was little. I still remember watching the doctor cut me open and sew me up. It was awesome.
3. I am self conscious of my feet. My sister has a foot fetish, and so I always think that there are people out there staring at my feet.
4. Watermelon is my favorite fruit. It is like eating and drinking at the same time.
5. I was a pity date for my Junior Homecoming. As in, my date asked me the day before because he heard I was still dateless. And yes, that’s what he said.
6. I have my bachelor degree (BS) in Home and Family Living with an emphasis in Interior Design, which is like Home Ec, Child Development, and Design. I never had a 400-level class.
7. I hate driving. Especially at night… I will do lots to avoid driving at night.
8. I am petrified of heights. One time I climbed on a community mailbox and got stuck because I couldn’t get myself to jump down. I think it was 4 1/2 feet tall.
9. I wish I still played the flute. I played for 5 years, then switched to the French Horn for the next 5 years. I love both instruments, but the flute is a little easier to play in church.
10. I have had one gray hair, which I carefully saved in my jewelry box. I felt like it was a rite of passage, in some way.
I need to pack for my weekend. We’ll chat later.Back to Blog